Just got the following via email yesterday from USARK
ALERT: DEADLINE Public Comment Amphibian Listing!
DEADLINE Thursday December 16, 2010
The deadline for the USFWS public comment period regarding the the listing of ALL Amphibians on the Injurious Wildlife list of the Lacey Act is NEXT Thursday at 11:59 PM. EVERYONE NEEDS TO COMMENT!!
The following are guidelines from USARK to the Reptile Nation on “How To” make a highly effective public comment on the USFWS Notice of Inquiry (NOI) entitled, Injurious Wildlife Species; Review of Information Concerning a Petition To List All Live Amphibians in Trade as Injurious Unless Free of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis. It is extremely important that you make public comment! Your comments should be thoughtful and pertinent. Please DO NOT plead for your animals, complain about fairness, or give your political philosophy regarding regulation. If you have put a lot of thought and effort into your comments please email to USARK so we can see them. Read below for the best suggestions of “How To” make public comment.
***If you know any government agency scientists, university academics, veterinarians or zoo professionals please request they make public comment by the deadline!!!
USARK Recommendations for Making Public Comment:
• It is highly suggested that your comments be original and written by you. There seems to be confusion about ‘How To’ and ‘Where To’ make comment. The following is ‘step by step’ on how to make a fast and easy comment:
1. Go to the government portal.
2. Fill in the fields for Name, Country, City and Postal Code. Ignore the rest of the fields.
3. Copy the Sample Letter below. Modify it with your own comments (HIGHLY SUGGESTED). Save it into a Word, Works, Note Pad or PDF file. Click the Browse button on the Attach File field and download your file. (you can not cut & paste more than 2000 characters into govt portal)
4. If you are a business copy Sample Letter onto company letterhead and save as a Word, Works, Note Pad or PDF file. Click the Browse button on the Attach File field and download your file. (if you are NOT a business skip step 4)
5. Click Submit button. You’re Done! (If you are successful you will get a confirmation number)
***If your comment is more than 2000 characters save it to a Word file or PDF and use the ‘Attach File’ field at the government portal to upload your document.
——– CLICK HERE TO GO TO GOVERNMENT PORTAL ——– http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#submitComment?R=0900006480bb062b